Thursday 8 December 2011

Fries and Burger Mayo

I keep looking for similarities between Karachi and my hometown but I am completely adrift. This city will swallow me whole.

I keep gripping my mothers hand tightly, trying to telepathically scream at her to not leave me -TAKE ME HOME DAMMIT - but I still had to endure that tearful goodbye.

I keep doing things that remind me of my friends, but it doesn't really reduce the gaping distance between us.

Things are indeed changing but my life from now on will be a mosaic of the little things - from my colorful bed spread to my first food induced stain on them.

So my prayer for tonight is:

Oh Lord, don't let me be sad and don't let anyone make fun of my neon blue bathrobe.

P.S. Take care of my mother for me.

4 comments:

  1. This used to be a blog. Now its a journal/diary of a teenager. can we has the blog back again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's actually still my blog and I am a teenager. :P

    I use it to just write about stuff that's going on in my life. I'll post some of the other stuff I've written but it's almost always depressing, so I try to refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Awab. We already have enough hormone-driven twilight reading bloggers around. This looked like something different, it did. I'm going to follow again when you grow up.
    I really liked your earlier posts.

    P.S: Thanks for introducing me to the kokomo song, my daughter loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey we're all entitled to our opinions :)
    But I do take offense to the Twilight remark. Not a fan.
    Thanks and no prob.

    ReplyDelete